DENIAL OF MAHDI A.S. IS BLASPHEMY
Here we will prove that the denial of Iman-e-Zamana (A.S.) is synonymous to infidelity. First of all we should know what is the actual meaning of idolatry and who is an idolator ? Fourteen hundred years ago part of the globe known as Arabia was the cradle of ignorance andits inhabitants were in a state of illitracy and uneducation. The darkeness of ignorance illuminated with the advent of Islam brought by Prophet Hazrat Mohammad Mustafa (Peace be on him and and his progeny).
The people one after the other embraced Islam with few exceptions who due to racial and tribal hatred refused to accept the Prophet of Goda and were hell-bent to falsify the Holy Book descended on him by the God.
It is clear that he who refuses to acknowledge him as Prophet and has no faith in his teachings and in Quran and in Doomsday.
(Last day of judgment) is an infidel even if he claims to believe in all previous prophets and he can be called as an infidel.
It is accepted by the Shias and Sunnis as well that the Prophet-hood of Hazrat Mohammad Mustafa is established by the Quran as well as by narration (Hadees).
The Quran acclaimed Mohammad (Peace be on him and and his progeny) that resembles the above Sura of the Holy Book. The Prophet speaks that “Thirty of my followers would claim to be Prophets after me though I am the last and there will be no Prophet after me.
“Thus a person who has faith in any Prophet after the holpy prophet and in any other book after Holy Quran is also an infidel as the finality of prophethood and Quran is an established fact by Quran itself and one who denies it is an infidel.
In the same way even Mahdaviyat is a established fact by Quran and one who rejects it will be an infidel.
The Quran and the belief in Mahdaviyat :
1. “And most surely it is a knowledge of the hour, therefore have no doubt about it.” (Zukhruf : 61) The gret well-known Sunni interpretor of Quran, Muqaatil bin Sulaiman, says about the above verse as follows :
“This verse is revealed about Mahdi.”
1. Al-Bayan fi Akhbare Saheb ez Zamaan of Hafiz Ganji Shafaee, P. 109.
2. As’aaf-ur-Raaghebeen of Ibne Subbaan, P. 156.
3. As-Sawaaeq ul Muhreqah, of Ibn Hajar Asqalaani, P. 96.
4. Tafseer-o-Durril Mansoor of Hafiz Jalaaluddeen Suyooti, Vol. 6, P. 21.
5. Noorul Absaar of Shablanji, P. 153.
6. Yanaabeeul Mawaddah, of Hafiz Sulayman Qondoozi, P. 470.
2. Shablunji Shafai writes, When the Imam (A.S.) would re-appear, he would stand with his back against the wall of Kaaba. When all his 313 (three hundren thirteen) followers would gather around him, the Imam (A.S.) would receite the above Sura and would speak to them that “Imam the last sign of Allah send towards you.” All his followers would address him “Assalamu-Alaikaya Baquet allah”. (Oh! the last sign of Allah our good wishes and salaam be on you).
Noor ul-Absar P-172)
3. Scholar Shafai Mohammad Ibn Ibrahim Hamavi writes about the above Sura that Hasan Ibn Khalid enquired form Imam Ali bin Musa (A.S.) the meaning of “Waqtul Maloom the Imam (A.S.) replied’ that its meaning is the day of reappearance of Imam Mehdi (A.S.).”
4. It is decided to appoint them as leaders who are made weak on the earth. “Ibn abil Hadeed writes in his book that this Sura is directely connected with Imam Mahdi (A.S.).
(Sharh-e-Ibn Abil Hadid Vol. 4, p. 336. Number of verses of this type are written in the Holy Book also.)
The above Suras are ample proofs that there is a mention of Imam-e-Zaman (A.S.) in Quran also and they all are supported by the Shia as well Sunni ullama and Scholars.
Admiration of Imam (A.S.) in the Traditions :
1. Ahadees-e-Nabavi-Sayings related by the Holy Prophet of God (S.A.) are all written in books of narrations. About the Prophet himself the God had said “the obedience to Propher (A.S.) is the obedience to God.” (Nisa.80)
2. Accept whatever is given to you by the Prophet and refrain from things for – bidden by him. (Hashr : 7)
3. He never speaks of his own unless Commanded by the God to do so through the divine message.
From the above three verses the following facts are now established without doubt :-
1. Allegiance to the Prophet amounts to allegiance to God. To deny him is to deny God.
2. Receive whatever is given by him.
3. Whatever he speaks is actually the Command of God.
Let us see what that Prophet in whose praise the above three verses have descended, has said about Imam (A.S.)
Declination of the re-appearence of Imam (A.S.) is the refusal of all that has come down to the Prophet from the God.
Refrence 1; Ibn-e-Hajare Asqalani in lesanol Mizan page 2; by Ibn-e-Hajare Macci Shafaii, Qaulul Mukhtasar fi alamate-e-Mahdi il Muntazar page 56;
3; Hamuyi in Faraedus-Simtain Vol : 2 This Hadees and appropriateness of its sources provides no opportunity ofr criticism at all in any form.
It openly declares him as an infidel who disagrees with the re-appearence of Imam (A.S.) and conceives that only the Quran is sufficient for his guidance. The above is a glaring instance of the re-appearence of Imam (A.S.). A day can not be transformed into night by closing one’s eyes. One would be called blind if one denies a existence of moon in the moon lit night. As one who has no faith in Islam and not following its tenet is an infidel. So also the belief in Mahdaviyat can also be judged in that light. It has found mention in Quran and as well as traditions. So disagreement with Mahdaviyat amounts to infedility. The scholars, ulama and writers of all the sects of Islam like Hambali; Shafai; Maleki, Hanafi; Wahabi Ashaira and Mutazela have finally agreed that the faith in Mahdaviyat is one of the essentials of religion and the refusal is at part with infidelity. The above is mentioned in the following books by following authors :
(1) Alburhan fi alamate Mahdi aakheruz zaman by Muttaqie Hindi chap. 13;
(2) Sharah-e-Nahul Balaha by Ibn Abil Hadid Mutazeli Vol 2, p. 535
(3) Muqaddama—e—Ibn—e—Khaldum Page 367
(4) Sabaaekuz Zahab by Suwaidi page 78;
(5) Ghayatul Mamool by Shaikh Nasif page 362 and 381;
(6) Aquidae Ahle Sunnat wal Asaar Fi Mahdie Muntazer…..by Abul Mohsine Wahabi
(7) Leasn ul Mizan by Ibn-e-Hajare Asqalaani V 5 Page 130
(8) Al Qaul ul Mukhtasar fi Mehdi il Muntazar by Ibn Hajari Haithami page 56.
(9) Al Faraydus Simtain by Hamuyi p-3.
Have the founders of different sects of Islam in their authentic religious books adjuded wrongly ? These so called founders and pillars of their sects in their books after indepth study of Quran, Ahadees and History have arrived at this decision. We can only then see the things in their true form by removing the spectacle of bigotry and orthodoxy. Pointing a finger in one’s direction without proof is ignorance.
In the end it can be Concluded as follows :-
1. Mahdaviyat is a religions belief. It has found mention both in Quran as well as in Ahadees.
2. Denial from this faith is in fact denial from Islamic tenets such persons are called infidels.
3. Those who have no faith in it and hide the facts are doing so due to sectarian bigotry. If any one inspite of knowing these factsis refusing to accept he should be ready to brave the anger of Imam (A.S.) on the day of his re-appearance: Then we can not say that the facts were not known to us. On the day of judgement all will be presented before God, then according to the saying (Hadees) of the Prophet (A.S.) that “one” who will die without knowing the Imam of his time die as an infidel.
Then according to Quran “On that day all mankind would be called along with their Imams.”
Beware of that day when you (Muslims) would also be told to come out from the queue and to stand along with infidels. Then those Muslims would ask with wonder, Oh God ! We were all Muslims. Then they would we questioned whether they were knowing the Imam of their time.
1. Faraedus Simtain page.2
2. Al-Qaulul Mukhtasar Fi Alamaate Mahdi Mentazar by Ibn Hajare Makki
Shafai Page 56
Forty Traditions From Imam Mahdi (A.S.)
1. “I am the Mahdi. I am the Qaem of the time” (Bihar V.52 p.2)
2. “I am the one who will fill it (the earth with justice as it would be full of tyranny.” (Bihar V.52, p.2)
3. “I am the remainder of Allah in His earth.” (Bihar, V.52,p 24)
4. “I am the avenger from His enemies” (Bihar, V,52 p24)
5. “I am the seal of successors.” (Bihar V,52 p30)
6. And through me shall Allah, the Mighty and Glorious, drive away the calamities from my progeny and mys Shias.” (Bihar, V,52, p.30)
7. “Surely, I am indeed the (cause of) security for the inhabitant of the earth.” (Bihar V 53 p 181)
8. “When Allah permits us to speak, truth will previal and falsehood will vanish.” (Bihar, V.53, p 196)
9. “And as for those who fix the time (of re-appearance) they are liars.” (Bihar, V,53 p. 181)
10. “Invoke more for the hasteing of the re-appearance, for surely this is your safety.” (Bihar.)
11. “There were none of my fore fathers except that the allegiance of the oppressive rulers of their times was in their necks.” (i.e. the previous Imams were forced to pay allegiance).
12. “As for deriving benefit from me in my occulttation is like deriving benefit from the sun when it hides behind the clouds.” (Bihar, V.53, p 181)
13. “And surely on my re-appearance, whenever I reappear, there willbe no allegiance in my neck of any of the oppressive tyrants.” (Bihar. V,53, p 181).
14. “If any incident occurs (now) then refer for it to the narrators of our trandtions. Fore surely, they are my proof on you and I am the proof of Allah upon them.” (Bihar, V.53, p 181)
15. “For surely our knowledge encompasses information about you and none of your news is concealed form us.” (Bihar, V.53, p 175)
16. “Surely, we do not neglect your conditions nor are we forgetful of your remembrance.” (Bihar,V.53 p 175).
17. “Then each one of you should do those deeds which bring you closer to our love.” (Bihar, V.53. p 176).
18. “And you must refrain from (all such acts) which make you nearer to our displeasure and our anger.” (Bihar 53/176).
19. “Then nothing keeps us away from them except that they attach to us what we dislike.” (Bihar. 53/177)
20. “As for your weath, we shall not accpet it except that it should be purified (halaal). Then whoever wants, he can associate (with us) and whoever wants, he can serve.” (Bihark, V53 p 180).
21. “Whoever eats from our wealth (i.e. Khums) even an iota then he is taking fire in his abdomen and soon shall he be casted in it.” (Bihar V.53, p 183).:
22. “Allah’s, the Mighty and the Glorious, Destinities are not overpowered, and His intentions are not rejected, and His Grace is not left behind.” (Bihar 53/191).
23. “Seeking knowlege through any other means than us Ahle’Bait, tantamounts to denial (in our mastership).” (Kitab Deen-o-Fitrat: Vol – 1).”
24. “Surely Allah the Almighty, did not create the creatures in vain and did not provide them freedom without reason.” (Bihar V 53/194).
25. “(Allah) sent Mohammad (SAWA) as a mercy unto the worlds and completed his bounties through him.” (Bihar, 53/194)
26. “And He sealed through him (Mohammad S.A.) His prophets and sent him to the whole of mankind.” (Bihar 53/194)
27. “Surely, the earth can never be void of a divine proof, whether he is seen or hidden.” (Bihar 53/91).
28. “Allah, Mighty and Glorious be He, has denied the truth any thing except perfection and falsehood except destruction.” (Bihar, 53/193).
29. “Certainly there is no (physical) relationship between Allah, Mighty and Glorious be He and any body else.” (Bihar 53/180)
30. “Nothing is better than namaz to make shaitan bite the dust, then perform namaz and make Shaitan bite the dust.” (Bihar 53/182).
31. “The thanks giving prostration is amongst the most necessary and obligatory Sunnah.” (Bihar 53 p 161).
32. “I seek refuge in Allah from blindness after vision.” (Bihar 53/191).
33. “And from staying off after guidance.” (53/191)
34. “And from the destructive acts and demolishing instigations.” (Bihar 53/191)
35. “If you seek guidance you will be guided and if you search, you will find (the path).” (Kamaluddin Vol 2. p 502)
36. “Then do not ask questions which do not hold any meaning for you.” (Bihar, V-53, P-181)
37. “And do not put yourself into (unnecessary) trouble in gaining knowledge in which you have sufficed yourself.” (Bihar 53/181)
38. “Surely the truth is with us and in us and non can say like this except us. And if any one says then he is a liar a deciever. None claims thus other than us except a strayed and lost one.
39. “Our hearts are the vessels for Allah’s instentions. “Then whenever He is pleased, We are pleased.” (Bihar V.52 / p 51).
40. If our Shias (May Allah give them opportunity of obedience) would be firm on their promises wholeheartedly, our meeting would not be delayed
The 15th of Shabaan is the birhtday of this righteous Imam. It is his birthday whoe is the centre of expectancy of all prophets, Imams, believers and oppressed of the universe and due to him the world stands in it’s place. Whose reappearance is the ultimate guarantee for the perfectio of prophetic teachings, Quranic life, actual interpreatation of Imams (A.S.)’ knowledge, reliable support for the weakened and oppressed and the overwhelming victory of the religion and belief over disbelief and hyposrisy.
Awaiting his re-appearance is the best form of worship and one who awaits is like the one who is martyred in the battlefield fighting alongwith the Holy Prophet (S.A.) and praying for the re-appearance is the choicest invocation. At present, this enlightened sun of Imamat is concealed behind the clouds of occultation and benefits the entire world from behind them. In such difficult times, the responsibility of awaiters increases manifould times. It should not be that our continuous negligence towards our responsisbilities and duties becomes the cause for delay in his re-appearance. If, God forbid, it is true, then it is indeed our misfortune.
On this auspicious occassion, let all of us, our men, our women, our children, the lovers of Ale Mohammad (S.A.) renew our oath in the presence of the Almighty God and wail and cry while reciting the following sentence of Doa-e-Ahd after every morning prayers :
“O Allah, I renew my covenant through the Imam this morning, and for the time my life continues, as convenant and agreement and promise through him, and as my sacred obligation. I will not avoid it or break it. O Allah, keep me among his friends and companious and defenders, those to arrive quickly at his service and to meet his needs, those who carry out his commands, those who resist opposition to Thee, those who anticipate Thy will and find their opportunity for martyrdom in His behalf.”
“O Allah, if only death stands between me and the Imam, the death that Thou hast decreed for Thy servants as inevitable, then deliver me from my grave, arrayed in my grave clothes, my sword evident, my naked lance in my hand, myself in readiness to answer the summons of my leader, incommands immediate and remore.”
Let us make our hearts overflow with belief and actions, remove our negligence, struggle hard in his way, and take our existence and life to such hights that it becomes ‘Awaiting Personified’. AAMEEN.